With USA Cricket recently confirmed as the 105th Member of the ICC, work continues now to fill the crucial support structures for the sport across the United States.
One of the most critical volunteer based committees that serves USA Cricket is the Cricket Committee that will play an integral role in the growth and development of all areas and formats of cricket in USA.
The Cricket Committee is a Standing Committee of USA Cricket. This committee shall (i) design and oversee the implementation of programs to assist in the education of members and the public about cricket; (ii) promulgate the rules for the sport of cricket; (iii) promote the growth of women’s cricket; (iv) promote the growth of youth and junior cricket; and (v) perform such other duties as assigned by the Board.
The Cricket Committee has established five (5) sub-committees:
- Pathway & High Performance
- National Team Operations
- Women & Girls
- Youth Development
- Coaches, Umpires & Officials
We are seeking to select individuals per sub-committee. The roles are voluntary, unpaid positions for one year beginning in the first quarter of 2019 with voting rights on the sub-committees. However, the Cricket Committee shall serve solely in an advisory capacity to the Board and shall not have the authority to take action on behalf of the Board or have overlapping or superior authority to the Board.
We are seeking individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Has a track record of success in the candidate’s field of expertise
- A minimum of two years of professional or relevant sports experience
- Has a standing reputation in the cricket community and/or candidate’s field of expertise
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and fluency with MS Office, Google and Web Conference software
- Willingness to commit a minimum of five (5) hours per month to this role
- Must pass standard background and drug checks
- Must be a current member of USA Cricket in good standing throughout the sub-committee tenure
The full role descriptions and further details can be found by clicking here.
NB – Please use ‘Application [name of sub-committee] Sub-Committee’ as the subject line in your application emails.
Thanks for your interest in supporting USA Cricket!