After vote tabulation and results certification by ElectionBuddy (election provider) and audit review by BiggsKofford, CPA (external auditor), the official results of the delayed 2020 USA Cricket elections are as follows:
- Club Director Elected: Mr. Atul Rai
- Individual Director Elected: Mr. Kuljit-Singh Nijjar
- Female Player Director Elected: Ms. Nadia Gruny
Details of vote tabulations for the Club Director and Individual Director elections are as follows:
- Club Director (after 1 round of preferential voting): 51.30% for Mr. Atul Rai
- Individual Director (after 3 rounds of preferential voting): 52.40% for Mr. Kuljit-Singh Nijjar
Female Player Director has been elected by acclamation as there was only one candidate for this election, therefore the position was unopposed.
During the USAC 2020 elections, a total of 558 club members were eligible to vote in the Club Director election and a total of 12,381 individual members were eligible to vote in the Individual Director election. Approximately 77% of eligible club members cast their ballots for the club director election and approximately 34% of eligible individual members cast their ballots for the individual director election.
Two issues that occurred during the voting period were dealt with as follows.
- Due to an internal error within ElectionBuddy, ballots were incorrectly sent which allowed voters to vote for both the Club Director and Individual Director positions even though most were only eligible to vote for one of the two positions but not both. This issue was quickly discovered, and the first ballot was disabled by ElectionBuddy. New ballots were then correctly sent to the eligible voters for Club Director and Individual Director positions. The external auditor in determining the official results, has considered all votes that were cast by eligible voters in determining the official results – ones cast by voters using the second ballot for the two positions, as eligible, and ones cast by voters using the first ballot for the two positions, as eligible, but not cast by these voters using the second ballot for the two positions, as eligible.
- During the voting period, three eligible clubs self-reported and certified that several of their members who were deemed eligible were, in fact, not members of their clubs. This prompted the NGC to ask all clubs, eligible or not, to certify that their members were in fact members or to disclose those that were not members after all. The external auditor was made aware of the certified self-disclosures by the three clubs and certified self-disclosures received by the NGC within five days from when the request was sent. The external auditor was also made aware that certified self-disclosures by clubs were effectively voluntary, and lack of such from any club should not be viewed adversely. These were considered by the external auditor in determining the official results.
This concludes the independent Nominating & Governance Committee of USA Cricket in coordinating the delayed USAC 2020 elections from start to finish. For any further questions, kindly contact USA Cricket.