In what was the third edition of the 2018 USA Cricket Combines, Men, Women and Youth players turned out in strong numbers in perfect weather conditions at the Woodley Fields facility this weekend in Los Angeles.
75 players across the three categories attended the Combine over the weekend, which began on Thursday with fitness testing before moving on to cricket specific testing on Friday as well as a series of Twenty20, 50 over and scenario based matches between the various categories.
As part of the ongoing partnership between USA Cricket and Cricket Australia, several elite Australian coaches were part of the coaching team for the Los Angeles Combine.
The attending players were lucky to learn from the watchful eyes of the following coaches, many of whom have worked with the Australian National team and at other professional levels across the world;
- Darren Holder (Elite Coaching Manager)
- Michael Lloyd (Cricket Australia Sport Psychologist)
- David Saker (Australian Men’s Squad Assistant Coach)
- Troy Cooley (National Cricket Centre Head Coach)
- Wade Seccombe (Queensland Bulls Head Coach)
- Beau Casson (New South Wales Assistant Coach)
- Jeff Vaughan (Tasmania Assistant Coach)
- John Davison (Queensland Assistant Coach/ Cricket Australia Spin Coach)
- Andy Bichel (Queensland Assistant Coach)
- Andrea McCauley (Adelaide Strikers WBBL Coach)
The USA Cricket Combines moves next to Fort Lauderdale, Florida on May 3rd to 6th. Remember there is still the opportunity for players who were not selected or who missed the application date for their regional combine to apply for the solitary invitational Combine that will be held in Houston from June 14th – 17th, please click here for further details.